And continuing with the starters, and with the aubergines; I leave you a recipe that although it appears in my annotations and in my books as of Turkish origin, I have been able to access information that says that the Lebanese already knew it and ate it centuries before the Ottomans.
Whatever its origin, this sauce is very good to wait for the main dish with the famous “pica, pica”.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 eggplants
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pita bread to serve.
Preparation in 3 steps
- Wash the aubergines, dry them with absorbent paper and place them on the grill or grill with the maximum temperature until the skin is singed. Peel them under the stream of cold water and press them to remove as much juice as possible.
- Grind the aubergines until you get a smooth cream. Little by little, add olive oil, almost all the parsley, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Place the cream in a bowl and sprinkle the rest of the parsley on top. Serve with hot pita bread.