In its simplest form it is balls made with minced meat, similar to meatballs, used beef or lamb that is often mixed with different spices and sometimes also with chopped onions. The meat is sometimes mixed with rice, burghul, vegetables, or egg to form a paste that is then roasted. Koftas are sometimes made with fish or vegetables instead of meat, especially in India.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 kg of fine minced beef.
- 2 medium grated onions.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 egg.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pita bread and green salad to serve.
For the sauce
- 300 ml thick natural yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Preparation in 5 steps
- In a bowl or bowl place the minced meat and add the rest of the ingredients. Knead the mixture gently with your hands until it acquires a homogeneous consistency.
- Separate the mixture in 4 equal parts and wrap with it 4 flat metal skewers.
- Grill skewers in a grill that has been preheated for about 4-5 minutes and until golden brown.
- Mix the yogurt and fresh mint. Reserve it
- Serve the hot kofta, accompanied by pita bread and green salad. In a separate bowl the yogurt sauce to accompany.