Recipe N° 19: Lamb dumplings with yoghurt sauce In the case of today you can see that the recipe offers the possibility of making dough for the empanadillas, although I have taken the option of buying tapas from supermarket empanadas that save time. In any case, it is more romantic to do the whole ritual. For those who prefer it, you could use wholemeal flour that provides biologically better energy.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 250 ml chicken broth
- 500 ml thick yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
For the mass
- 300 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten with cold water until it reaches 125 ml
- 200 g of minced lamb meat
- 1 small grated onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation in 7 steps
- To prepare the dough, place the flour and salt in a bowl, add the egg and mix to form a consistent dough. Love it until it has a homogeneous consistency. Now cover it with a cloth and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- If you have decided to buy the dough made, take those 30 minutes to watch the next video.
- Start preparing the filling. In a bowl, mix the meat, the grated onion, and the parsley. Spice and mix everything.
- Spread the very thin dough on a floured surface, cut it into squares about 5cm on each side and cover them with a damp kitchen towel.
- Place a teaspoon of filling in the center of each box. Moisten the edges with a little water and seal them in a triangle shape. Press the edges well so that they are well closed.
- In a saucepan with boiling water, place the empanadillas and let them cook for 5 minutes and remove them.
- In another saucepan, bring the broth to a boil and cook the empanadillas again for 5 more minutes. Mix the garlic and mint with the yogurt, put it in the saucepan and heat it without letting it boil. Serve the dish garnished with mint leaves.