I must say that until I tried this way of preparing them, I had almost always refused to artichoke (or alcaucil, as they say in Argentina). The combination with the beans is much more than interesting, and shows that at some point someone in the world let their imagination fly to combine these 2 ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 artichokes.
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 125 ml of olive oil.
- 2 large onions
- 250 g of defrosted beans.
- 225 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped dill.
Preparation in 3 steps
- Fill a cunco with cold water and add the lemon juice. Remove artichokes from the outer harder leaves and cut with a knife the upper part of the remaining leaves. smérgelas in the bowl with water.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan (let the 4 artichokes enter). Sauté the onion for about 5 minutes but without browning. Drain the artichokes and put them in the pan along with the beans, water and al. Let it boil for about 15 minutes, or until the artichokes and beans are tender. Add the dill and leave for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the saucepan and drain well. let them cool a little. Separate the leaves suvemente and remove the central part, leaving a space where you can fill with the mixture of beans and onions. Serve at room temperature.