I am almost certain that all the people who can read this blog have ever prepared hummus (also known as chickpea puree). It is a very popular starter, because of the ease of preparation, and because of its delicious flavor. You will see that the recipe proposes soaked and boiled chickpeas, and that is very romantic, but the canned chickpeas make you gain time and also they are very good.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 150 g of chickpeas soaked overnight and drained.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 150 ml of tahini .
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- A handful of chopped parsley.
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of cayenne
Preparation in 3 steps:
- Put the chickpeas in a saucepan and bring them to a boil (remember that the garbanzos of preserves look good and save time). After about 1 1/2 hours remove them from the heat and let them drain.
- Chop the chickpeas into a paste. add the garlic, salt, lemon juice, tahini and parsley. Season with a little pepper and cayenne. Beat all the ingredients to mix.
- Keep the pasta in a refrigerator 1-2 hours and serve it decorated with a little parsley sprinkled on top. Personally I add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and I recommend it.