For this recipe I’m going to write just one thing: You must try it, it’s spectacular. All people who prefer to avoid the combination of sweet and savory flavors are excluded from the previous comment. Although still, you should try it.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 75 g of long grain white rice
- 18 large and pitted apricot apricots
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 175g of minced lamb meat
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation in 6 steps
- Put the rice in a bowl and cover it with boiling water and let it stand for half an hour. Now pass it by the jet of cold water and drain it well.
- Place the dried apricots in a bowl, cover them with boiling water but just let them soak for 10 minutes. Along with the liquid, place them in a saucepan and bring them to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry the meat for 2-3 minutes. Remove it from the pan and add the rice. Let it cool, add the allspice, salt and pepper and mix well. Open the dried apricots and fill them.
- This is the moment when – while filling the dried apricots – you decide who you are going to share this delicacy with. Think well of your company and choose someone who is capable of bringing a dessert that is worthy. Choose classical music to cook, Bach will be fine, but Chopin is not far behind. For the moment of eating, choose a place near the window -if you have it- and put Queen’s Rhapsody Bohemia at half volume. It will be unforgettable.
- Once the dried apricots are filled, melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat and place the stuffed dried apricots on the base of the pan. Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Remove the saucepan from the fire once the sugar is dissolved and pour the syrup over the dried apricots.
- Boil all over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Cover the pan, lower the heat to a minimum and cook it for 30 minutes more, letting steam escape from time to time. After a while, remove the pan from the heat and let it rest for about 10 minutes. It can be served cold or hot.